Thursday, April 5, 2007

An Original Composition



I guess there's nothing quite like composing a piece of music when researching gets a bit much!!!


Introducing my most recent piece... Comments on the track would be greatly appreciated, thanks. Enjoy!


SPACES APART

They cut my wing
And told me to fly
I don’t know why
I just tried not to cry
All by my lonesome in an unknown sky.

I begin to soar
Disobeying gravity’s law
You can’t stop me now
Cause I’m lovin’ it
I’m not afraid like before

[Chorus]
Cause I’m all by my lonesome
In an unknown sky
And the world looks so very beautiful
So very beautiful from up on high

And I guess that now’d be the perfect time
That I confessed
Though we’re spaces apart
And we’ve never ever met
Your vision I behold
In a fairytale yet to be told.

Sonata (btw this is also my stage name)

Acknowledgement: Apollo, my recording partner. On 5: 'They cut my wing...'

Inspiration: MUSIC AND LYRICS (with Drew Barrymore and Hugh Grant)

5 comments:

Shafinaaz Hassim said...

ok how about some music!

gosh wen u said u were inspIRED by MUSIC and LYRICS i had no idea it meant you actually composed lyrics!

awesome, sonata!

lets hear some tunes then...

:)

Shafinaaz Hassim said...

PS: try moderating comments but allowing non registered bloggers to make notes here please: i have requests from two readers/non-bloggers who have started a discussion at my blog but are unable to comment at ur place...

ta :)

S said...

hiya, hope the research goes well.

;)

Anonymous said...

hiya sonny!
jus a request: would u mind singing @ my wedding? its in may...

sonata said...

kimmy: it's AMAZING what a wee bit of inspiration can do!

thanx 4 all the helpful hints... gotta listen to The [Blogging] Sopranos, me being a novice in the game, lol:)

dewey: jus wondering... r u som relation to Donald Duck?

thanx 4 ur good wishes:)

freda: hun, i'd b delighted. do mail me all ur wedding plans. my addy is purrsonata@gmail.com.

can i bring Apollo along? c u may. Ciao!